So, you’ve hired a contractor, whether to do a remodel job, restoration project or start from the ground up. Maybe you want a little more information from them to make sure they know what they’re doing and to give you a little more insight into what to expect. If that is the case, here are a few questions you can ask to get a better idea of what is going to be happening.
1. What is the schedule? This includes things such as the workers hours from day to day as well as a calendar of goals and deadlines for the workers.
2. Who will be here every day? Maybe you don’t know everyone who will be in and out but it is a good idea to know how many people should be there at any given time.
3. What protection will be provided? This extends to the other areas of your home that will not be having work done but might be nearby. See if they will cover the areas up or move them.
4. How will we communicate? Do you want your contractors to call you throughout the day or text you? Do you want daily updates? Also find out if there is a way you can reach them between hours.
5. What kind of documentation/receipts will I receive? It’s important to make sure you receive any release paperwork, plans, copies of reports, etc.
Give us a call today to talk about your contracting plans.